Event is FINISHED
Cheng Sugar Factory Tour
Meeting Point: Admiralty Station Bus Pick-up Point
If you've ever wondered how the red sugar served in local delicacies such as putu mayam (south Indian snack of steamed rice flour noodles) and huat kueh (Chinese steamed cakes) was made, you should definitely take a trip down to the Cheng Yew Heng Candy Factory with SHF this April! Established in 1947, this home-grown company is now the only only rock sugar manufactorer in Singapore, producing the familiar red jaggery sugar and rock sugar, as well as new sugar products with innovative flavours. Join us as we take a peak behind the scenes at this factory, learning more about various types of natural sugars and their production process and how the company manages to hit that sweet spot between tradition and change.
Time: 9.30am - 10.30am; 10.30am - 11.30am; 1.30pm - 2.30pm; 2.30pm - 3.30pm
Address: Cheng Yew Heng Candy Factory
12 Senoko Loop
*Kindly arrive 15 minutes before the start of the tour as the tour will begin on time.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring along a bottle of water.
Electronic or printed ticket(s) must be presented in order to join this tour.
Please take note of the following:
• Once all tour slots are filled, we do not accept walk-ins.
• We do not accept cash payment.
• No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
• The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive a full refund in the case of tour cancellation.
• By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
For more enquiries, please email NHB_SHF@nhb.gov.sg.
Add to Calendar
Sat Apr 7, 2018
9:30 AM - 3:30 PM SGT
9:30 AM - 3:30 PM SGT
Guided Tour - 7 April 2018, 9.30am to 10.30am SOLD OUT $10.00 Guided Tour - 7 April 2018, 10.30am to 11.30am SOLD OUT $10.00 Guided Tour - 7 April 2018, 1.30pm to 2.30pm SOLD OUT $10.00 Guided Tour - 7 April 2018, 2.30pm to 3.30pm SOLD OUT $10.00
- Venue Address
- 12 Senoko Loop Singapore
Want to find more groups and events like this?